With humor and sensitivity, M. Sue Talia, a family lawyer and private judge with thirty years of experience, points out common pitfalls and provides useful solutions.
This upbeat and informative guide to divorce covers a broad spectrum, from the basics about support and property to:
- Why it is worse to have a stupid lawyer on the other side than a good one.
- Six questions not to ask your prospective lawyer.
- What happens when your spouse hires the Lawyer from Hell.
- How to prepare for a custody mediation or evaluation.
- Visitation games that will make your kids resent you forever.
- How to evaluate a settlement offer.
- Common temptations that will cost you 10 Karma points.